All presenters of QCMC2012 are encouraged to submit a manuscript to be published in the conference proceedings by 01 March 2013. See the Proceedings page for further information.
University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) will host the QCMC conference in 2014.
More details soon …
QCMC participant Daniel Oi made a fabulous panorama image of the Heurigen on Friday evening (the image on the left is just a stereographic projection, follow the link to explore the full panorama). Thanks to him for sharing this! In case you too have any souvenir material to share, just write a quick email to firstname.lastname@example.org, we’d greatly appreciate it.
QCMC 2012 is over, it came to a sociable conclusion in the midst of Viennese vineyards with a Heurigen dinner on Friday evening. Thanks to all the participants for coming and presenting their work, we hope you had a pleasurable and inspiring time in Vienna. See you at QCMC 2014!
You can order hardcopies of conference photos (both from the sessions as well as the official conference photo) from the webpage of our photographer Thomas Blazina.
This gallery contains 48 photos.
If you wish hardcopies of the the pictures below, you may order from the webpage of the our photographer Thomas Blazina here
The QCMC award committee announces that the 2012 Quantum Communication Award goes to Jian-Wei Pan (USTC, Hefei) “For his Pioneering Achievements in the Realization of Quantum Communication and Multiphoton Entanglement” and Seth Lloyd (MIT, Boston) for “For Seminal Contributions to the Theories of Quantum Communication, Metrology, Computation, and Control”. The QCMC Award Session will take place on Wednesday. The price certificates will be handed over during the conference dinner at the boat trip.
The pictures show the awardees during their prize talk at the QCMC2012.
You can register either on Sunday starting at 2 pm until 7 pm, including a reception with wine and some food. Or on Monday starting at 7:30 am until 8:45 am, just before the conference.
We just started up our official twitter account @QCMC2012! The organizing team will be tweeting announcements, timetable changes etc. throughout the conference. We are happy to answer any questions posted via twitter, email, etc. and greatly appreciate feedback. Please use hashtag #QCMC2012 to mark your conversations about QCMC.
Scope of the Conference
- Quantum Cryptography and Quantum Communications
- Quantum Measurement and Quantum Metrology
- Quantum Computing and Quantum Information Theory
- Implementations of Quantum Information Processing and Quantum Simulations
- Quantum Control
- Foundations of Quantum Physics
- Opening of application for participation: 01 February 2012
- Abstract submission deadline:
31 March 2012– extended until 8 April 2012
- Notification of abstract acceptance and opening of registration: 30 April 2012
- End of early registration: 4 June 2012
QCMC Organizing Committee
- Jörg Schmiedmayer, Principal Chair (Vienna University of Technology, Austria)
- Arno Rauschenbeutel, Co-Chair, (Vienna University of Technology, Austria)
- Prem Kumar (ex-officio), (Northwestern University, USA)
- Stephan Schneider, Organisation (Vienna University of Technology, Austria)
- Markus Aspelmeyer (University of Vienna, Austria)
- Rainer Blatt (University of Innsbruck / IQOQI, Austria)
- Thorsten Schumm (Vienna University of Technology, Austria)
- Rupert Ursin (University of Vienna / IQOQI, Austria)
- Frank Verstraete (University of Vienna, Austria)
- Philip Walther (University of Vienna, Austria)
Vienna, Austria is a charming historic capital in the heart of Europe, a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage site embedded in lovely surroundings. It is renowed for its rich cultural offerings (e.g. during QCMC: an excellent dance festival), its cuisine, relaxed atmosphere and high quality of life. Vienna has a long-standing tradition in pioneering Quantum Mechanics both in theory and experiment. In recent years a new cluster in Quantum Science has emerged in Vienna as a result of joint efforts at the University of Vienna (Quantum Groups), Vienna University of Technology (Atominstitut), and the Austrian Academy of Sciences (IQOQI).
- ICAP 2012, the 23rd International Conference on Atomic Physics will take place at École Polytechnique in Palaiseau, France on 23-27 July 2012 (i.e. the week before QCMC 2012). It will be accompanied by a summer school for graduate students the week before the conference.