Getting to and around Vienna
From the Airport to the City Centre and vice versa
- Suburban train: The suburban train (“S-Bahn”) leaves every 30 min between 05:00 and 23:00 daily. Take line S7 (the only one that serves the airport) towards “Floridsdorf (via city center)” and get out at “Landstrasse/Wien Mitte” (subway U3, U4) or “Wien Praterstern” (subway U1, U2). The train station at the airport is somewhat tricky to find due to construction works, when in doubt ask for the “S-Bahn” station. Tickets are available from a machine at the platform.
Cost: approx. EUR 3,80. Duration: 24 min.
- Express train: The City Airport Train (“CAT”) runs at 30-minute intervals from 06:05 to 23:00 daily from the airport to train station “Landstrasse/Wien Mitte”. Useful on your way back home: Baggage can be checked in at the “Landstrasse/Wien Mitte” station already and is automatically transferred from the train to your plane.
Cost: EUR 10,00. Duration: 16min.
- Bus: At 20-minute intervals, the Vienna Airport Lines depart between 05:30 and 24:00 daily and serve several stops downtown (e.g. Schwedenplatz or Westbahnhof subway stations).
Cost: approx. EUR 7,00. Duration: approx. 20-30 min.
- Car: Take highway A4 from the Airport to Vienna. The city centre is signposted.
Passport and Visa
Some delegates travelling to Austria may require a visa (further details can be found here). We suggest that applicantions for a visa are made as soon as possible as wait times can be several weeks. Special letters of invitation can be obtained from the congress organizers upon request (office (at) qcmc2012 (dot) org).
Getting to the Venue
- Address of the conference venue:
TU Vienna – Hauptgebäude/Main building
Kuppelsaal/Cupola hall, 4th floor
1040 Vienna, Austria
- Public transport: subway station Karlsplatz (subway lines U1, U2, U4), exit Resselpark. Walk right across the park into the TU main building lobby and take the elevator right into the Kuppelsaal/Cupola hall on the fifth (topmost) floor.
Public transport route search engine for Vienna
- Taxi: tell the driver to take you to the address Resselgasse 1, which is a side entry to the TU main building. Walk across the court into the lobby and take the elevator right into the Kuppelsaal/Cupola hall on the fifth (topmost) floor.
View QCMC2012 conference venue in a larger map